CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Book Review: A Man Man Worth Waiting For

Author- Jackie Kendall

Pages-240
Publisher: FaithWords (March 4, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0446699713
Most of my family and friends tend to tell me that in life I am a pure optimist, but when it comes to book reading I have become something of a pessimist. Here’s why. After reading books for so long, you become use to the story lines or for the most part, books become somewhat predictable. From the title of this book I can be honest in saying that I, I thought, “Oh my goodness, another book teaching young women how to get a man.” And honestly that’s what it was. But the thing that was different about this book was its references and approach.
It was not only teaching young women how to find a man, but how to find a good man and also how leave your extra baggage for the trip. Kendall’s usage of the well known man of god in the bible “Boaz” was as insightful a model for women as Ester would be to any Christian man who is looking for that special woman.

My favorite chapter is “Guard you Heart Against Demanding Your Way” because I am a firm believer in the method of being satisfied and at peace with whatever comes your way. I totally agree with her concept in that passage because we, as well deserving women, sometimes need to take a step back and look at the “Whatever God!” point of view. Meaning, we accept whatever way god or the wind takes us.

Overall, I would say that Jackie Kendall’s flamboyant view of God’s Plan for a woman to receive her Boaz is one of the best visual perceptions a woman can have.
Reviewer- Krystine Kory

0 comments: